There are very few if any parents who aren’t all too familiar with the frustration of finding that their school-going child has returned home, missing a sock, glove, or other items that are used as one of a pair. When the offending item’s partner simply cannot be found, in the home there are invariably rumbles and grumbles about responsibility, money-wasting and carelessness.
Worse still is the loss of an entire school bag, which may have been accidentally misplaced or picked up in haste and in error by another youngster, whose bag may outwardly appear to be identical.
To prevent such sorry situations, parents have been writing, sticking, sewing, ironing on or otherwise affixing the child’s name to everything that their young one takes to school and extracurricular activities. The owner’s name is a fundamental element with which to personalise any object. Even so, sometimes this doesn’t seem to suffice.
Avoid Confusion and Accidental Swaps
- Buy a unique, distinctive, or unusual bag that’s different in design, shape, colour, or detail from the run-of-the-mill products, if possible, unless the school authorities insist on complete uniformity in this area.
- Write the child’s name on the carrier’s inner flap in indelible ink, keeping in mind that this is only visible and identifiable upon close inspection.
- Ensure that the personalisation process isn’t a punitive exercise, but make it a fun activity; one which you and your offspring can share and enjoy.
- Irrespective of policy and regulations pertaining to appearance, obtain and use highly visible, attractive, and easily identifiable personalising solutions, which are available from Labels4School in and throughout South Africa.
The colourful, fun Labels4School product ranges offer ideal personalisation opportunities, which allow for coordination of all items. Parents and youngsters love these innovative solutions, which start with our school bags.
- Preschool backpacks in pink or blue, with subtle grey piping, smooth-running zips, adjustable straps, insulating foam lining, and various compartments and pockets.
- Cost-effective Back2School Bundle pink or blue pack, which includes a comprehensive list of supplementary bags and personalised insignia/labelling options in addition to the backpack.
- Supplementary items include insulated cooler/lunch and library bags, thermos bottle, pencil case, subject sorter, and colour starter pack, which consists of an extensive variety of labels of various sizes and types, suitable for a host of applications, ensuring that virtually all your kiddies’ back to school backpack contents are clearly and attractively personalised for easy, instant identification.
- Items may also be purchased individually and separately.
Group or Individual Identities
Once toddlers reach their so-called Terrible Twos, one can clearly observe their rapidly emerging personalities. Suddenly, your baby is a baby no more; your little one is now a distinctive little person with a mind and characteristics of their own.
That’s a big developmental step for the little one, who remains blissfully unaware of this milestone. Now, parents observe this little person’s burgeoning demonstration of individual likes, dislikes, and preferences seemingly out of the blue.
However, once your small child has reached school-going age, usually about 6 years old in South Africa, it’s time for that very eagerly-anticipated Big School, where the child wants to be part of the group but becomes rightfully possessive of their school bag and its contents. That’s just one more reason to personalise possessions with Labels4School’s clever solutions.