Valentine's day is always such an exciting time for kids, with shops, food markets and schools being filled with red hearts, glitter, chocolates and feel-good saying on your favorite red juice boxes like “Love is the greatest refreshment in life”. It’s the time of the year where shy and nervous little boys hand a crudely drawn heart and chocci to a special someone in the classroom or little girls hand their best friends a heart shaped lollipop. Whatever the case might be, it is a time to share and show your love to others around you.
We have scoured the internet to come up with some fun and easy ways that your little ones can share their love and appreciation for their classmates, friends, siblings, parents or even grandparents this Valentine's day!
Creative ways to celebrate valentine's day with your kids.
The symbol of valentine's day, a representation of love, kindness and caring for others. This is by far the most iconic image of valentine's day and it is super easy to make! Here’s how:
- Step 1: Take a sheet of A4 paper and fold it in half
- Step 2: Place your hand on the folded side of the page so the fold lines up with the base of the little finger and the opposite wrist bone
- Step 3: Trace a mitten shape around the finger from the pinky to the wrist
- Step 4: Cut out the paper along the line you drew and open the paper
- Step 5: Add glitter, confetti and your special saying to the front
Lollipop Paper Roses:
Roses are reds, violets are blue, lollipops are sweet, and so are you! Lollipop roses are quick and easy way to make a simple gift look really cute.
- Step 1: Cut 5 circles out of the tissue paper, making 2 circles 1cm smaller than the other 3.
- Step 2: Layer them together with the smaller circles on the top
- Step 3: Poke the stick of the lollipop through the center
- Step 4: Scrunch the tissue paper around the lollipop
- Step 5: Tape the bottom of the ‘petals’ to the lollipop so that is doesn’t fall off
Heart thumb print card:
Nothing is more unique than a thumbprint, no one else in this world will have the same thumb print as you! So how awesome would it be to actually give your thumbprint to someone special to you? It’s a unique one-of-a-kind gift.
- Step 1: Print out our special valentine's day book marks and gift card sheets
- Step 2: Color in your cards and book marks
- Step 3: Parents, put some paint on a kitchen sponge or use a water-paint pad, that your child can use as a pressing pad. Gently press your thumb on the painted sponge and press two thumb prints in all the hart shapes
- Step 4: Write your name and message inside the card and give it to your someone special!
Valentine's day printable bookmarks:
Print out any out our awesome themed bookmarks that your child can color in and share with friends or use as a gift
- Step 1: Print on a card or paper that can be stuck to card
- Step 2: Let the kids go crazy and color them in and sign the inside
- Step 3: Fold in half
- Step 4: (Optional)
- You can punch a hole in the top for a ribbon
- Use wide clear packing tape to carefully cover the bookmarks to help keep them clean and safe